|Notice: This page contains spoilers for the game INSIDE. Proceed with caution.|
|This article is currently under development. You can help by expanding it.|
The protagonist is the unnamed red-shirted child that the player controls in INSIDE.
The protagonist wears a red long-sleeved shirt, black pants, shoes, and has short black hair. His face lacks many features and is simply a smoothed-out, lightly bumped surface (a characteristic shared by almost all characters within the game). Due to the prevalent monochromatic environment, the protagonist's appearance is not clear most of the time. His red shirt, however, is almost always distinctly visible.
Main Story Edit
The protagonist is first seen navigating the woods while witnessing mysterious people dressed in black seemingly transporting individuals in a truck. Eventually, the mysterious people see the protagonist and give chase while shooting and sending dogs. They are escaped from when the protagonist jumps into a lake.
If the protagonist enters the bunker in the cornfield and unlocks the circular door, he can enter a room with a mind control helmet hooked up to a group of computers. There's also a plug on the wall. If the protagonist unplugs it, then the power first goes out, before the protagonist enters a limping state similar to that of a mind controlled person, before the screen fades to black. The meaning is not entirely known, although many theorize that this represents the protagonist being freed from the player's control.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Vehicle intuition: Despite his young age, the protagonist can somehow drive and operate machinery with ease, including a submersible.
Towards the end of the game, the Protagonist acquires a special device from one of the Long-haired creatures, granting him the following skills:
- Mind Control: Initially needing special helmets to control the actions of others, the device allows the protagonist to do so without one.
- Underwater Breathing: The device also allows the protagonist to swim underwater indefinitely.
- He shares some similarities with Six, the main protagonist of Little Nightmares.
- Both have black hair and expressionless faces.
- Both wear a distinguishing piece of clothing (Red sweater and yellow raincoat, respectively).
- Both find themselves trapped in dystopian places that endorse particular crimes against humanity.
- Both are forced to become monsters in order to escape.